Since the very first one in 1981 at Battle, East Sussex, the ISPE has presented 123 of its popular one-day seminars on the subject of filtration.
The tried and trusted format has provided a platform for learning, an opportunity to network with other ISPE members and their colleagues and to have a very enjoyable day.
A typical seminar starts with registration and refreshments at about 10.00 am and the seminar starts around 10.30 am. There are normally at least two presentations in the morning session followed by an open forum or Q & A session.
A short refreshment break takes place before lunch is served and the afternoon session, again, comprises two or more presentations with ample opportunity for questions from the floor. All delegates receive handouts as they leave which contain copies of the presentations and a CPD attendance certificate, indicating four CPD points, for those who are keen to keep a record of their training.
Seminars have traditionally been held in Hertfordshire, but also in Somerset, Berkshire, Northampton, Oxfordshire, Birmingham and even London. The next ISPE Seminar (the 124th) will take place on Tuesday 23rd November, 2021 at the Hilton Hotel, Cobham, Surrey. This will be a new venue for ISPE but it has always been the intention to move the seminars around the country where possible to attract and encourage ISPE members and others from different parts of the UK to attend.
The programmed includes two presentations by FISPE, Ian Betts, FISPE from PoolConsult with Methods of Concrete Swimming Pool Construction and Thermal Cracking and Expansion Joints in Concrete Pools and Crack Repairs. Will Dando, FISPE from Plastica Ltd., will talk about Vinyl Pool Liners’, looking at the options for lining swimming pools.
ISPE President, Phil Barlow, of Phil Barlow Swimming Pools will then take to the stage himself with a presentation about Closing Down Pools for the Winter.
Howard Gosling, FISPE, will give an update on the latest Covid advice relating to swimming pools, spa pools and hot tubs, both in regard to maintaining adequate residual disinfectant, pH and also cleaning regimes.
Programmes and booking forms will be sent to all ISPE members during October and will be available on the ISPE website and from the ISPE office, on request.
Prices for the full day, including refreshments, lunch, all handouts and an attendance/CPC certificate are, £50 for ISPE student members, £60 all other ISPE members and £80 for non-members. All members and non-members are very welcome but places must be pre-booked via ISPE.
• The Institute of Swimming Pool Engineers was established in 1978 for individual members and sets out to Give recognition to technical skill and ability.
• Foster a professional approach to the design, installation and maintenance of swimming pools, enclosures and all ancillary equipment.
• Give recognition to technical skill and ability
• Engage in the education and training of persons within all sectors of the swimming pool industry
• Promote unrestricted co- operation and liaison between all persons actively involved in the industry and its allied professions and trades
• Provide opportunities for association and interchange of thought and experience amongst the members and their colleagues.